ABOUT THE ARTIST
Malin Ask is an artist based on the west coast in Vallda Sandö, Sweden. Her work emerges in the black funky house on the little mountain with seaview, rocks and light as energy sources. She paints in both acrylic and watercolour and she often tries to capture different mental states that are conveyed in the eyes and different facial expressions, powerful elements on the walls in large formats.
Malin has for as long as she can remember painted and drawn in addition to her profession as an art director, project manager and creator in the advertising industry. With a father as an artist and a mother as a textile designer, colour and form were always close at hand.
Malin has participated in several exhibitions in Sweden & Europe as the jury nominated Salon in Kungsbacka Konsthall or Affordable Art Fair, Stockholm. As well as in Europe at Brussel Art Fair, Belgium and Monat Gallery Madrid, Spain.
Malin is inspired and chooses subjects from her trips to France, by meetings with people and places, her interest in sports and movements, with tennis in particular. Often expressed in colourful modern portraits in acrylic or in softer watercolour inspired by human beauty. This gives the art a wonderful drive and lots of positivity. She gives life to your walls and brings colour to your world.
- Soloexhibition The Gallery, Gothia Towers, Gothenburg, 220829-220918
- Monat Gallery, Madrid - 220704-220804
- Boarps konsthall, Båstad - ongoing
- Affordable Art Fair, Stockholm - 220420-220424
- Kabusa Art Gallery, Österlen - 211023-220331
- Bryssel Art Fair, Belgium - 211126-211128
- Affordable Art Fair Stockholm - 211013-211017
- "Kullaweek" Gallery Marika Lang, Kullavik - 210812-210815
- Solo, The Gallery Gothia Towers, Gothenburg - 200428-200510
- Jurynominated Vintersalon Kungsbacka Konsthall - 191116-200112
- Art Now Gallery, Göteborg
- Easter, Gallery Kim Anstensen, Gothenburg - 200404-200415
- Spinneriet Lindome - 180707-180710
- Cordovan Advertising Agency, Gothenburg - 1706
- Mölnlycke Fabriker - 170422
- Gallery Hilmersgården, Fjärås
- Fortum AB, Kungsbacka
- Kulturhuset Fyren, Kungsbacka
- Beiersdorf, Kungsbacka
- Lions Särö
- Vintersalon Kungsbacka konsthall